Monday, October 27, 2008

The Cake Has Been Eaten so Ella is Officially Three!

Yesterday was Ella's third birthday and in the time leading up to her big day when I would ask her what she wanted all she would say is to go to the river park and have a pink princess cake.  So the park part was no big deal but being that I haven't decorated a cake, besides putting frosting on it and shaking some sprinkles on top, since I was in 4-H at the age of 10 I was feeling a bit nervous about living up to the great princess cake my mom made for Madeline's birthday in April.  Saturday afternoon and evening were dedicated to the cake, making sure I gave myself plenty of time to start over if needed, but I will admit I felt a great sense of pride when I finished it and then saw Ella's face when she saw it for the first time and said "Oh, it's beautiful"  - she loved it and that was all I needed to get past my over critical nature!

Another highlight from Ella's day was that she got to go to the big girl class at church.  It was a big motivator for her in getting potty trained knowing that she wouldn't be able to go to that class until she was 3 and potty trained so she was so excited to get to go to her new class yesterday.

After church and a little nap it was off to the park for an afternoon of celebrating with friends and family.  Here is a little slide show of our day including when we ate the cake since, according to Madeline (not sure where she got this idea), that is when Ella turned 3 - when she ate the cake!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

you did WAY better on her princess cake than I did on Anna's!! Way to go! :)

Anna J. said...

It looked like a fun party, sure wish we could have been there to enjoy it with you! Happy Birthday Ella Bean!

Anonymous said...

So sorry we couldn't be there for your birthday Ella Bean! Your Aunt Erin and Trace are missing you all lots! Love you!