My little sister and cousin came to visit us at the end of last month into the beginning of this month. We had so much fun with them! It was both of their first time to the south.
A few years back (actually probably at least 6 or 7) Anna had memorized a Jeff Foxworthy skit about his family going on vacation with their Piggly Wiggly luggage. Well 4 years ago when I moved out here I actually got to go to visit a Piggly Wiggly and got Anna some "luggage" but when we started talking about her coming out here I decided she had to visit a Piggly Wiggly for herself. The one I went to (in a little town called Ducktown) was cute and clean with lots of little pig faces around the border inside and let's just say the one I found for us to go to on our way home from the airport in Nashville was more, how should I say it . . . true to some of the stereotypes of the south. We went inside to find it was not the cleanest or largest grocery store we had ever seen (don't think you could have gotten 2 carts down any one aisle at the same time) and we only found one little piggy face to take a picture. It was above the door to the storage room and in the process of taking a picture we about got run over by the butcher with a huge tray of meat. Anyway, we got some pretty crazy looks to which I explained we were from Wyoming and only heard about Piggly Wigglies, to them this was an acceptable explaination. Upon waiting in line to buy a bottle of juice our experience was topped-off by the arrival of a topless man who really could have used a belt, as was evidenced by his 1-inch of . . . well I think you get the picture. Needless to say it was everything she'd hoped it would be! Anna has a better picture of us outside the Piggly Wiglgy with the awesome sign (amazing grammar included) but I haven't gotten it from her yet so I'll be adding it when she sends it to me. But here is our picture from inside the store:
The first full day they were here they spent all day with Madeline and Ella while I worked (it was the day before the math final at the school where I tutor so I had a 10 hour day of tutoring). Then we had 4 days to just play. We of course hit up the aquarium, did lots of shopping, played at the park, barbecued, hung out at the market and played lots of cards. So here is a slide show of the rest of our time together - Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment