As mentioned before we got a membership to the Tennessee Aquarium as a Christmas gift from my parents so we have been spending a lot of time there. I have been meaning to post some pictures of our adventures there but since we have been at least once each week since Christmas it seems that just as I am ready to post I get new pictures and hold off until I get the stuff added hence the reason it has taken a month at least to get this up. Sometimes I wonder why I feel the need to take my camera every time, but then each time we're there I see something new I hadn't seen before. There are two buildings - Ocean Journey and River Journey. We typically begin in the Ocean Journey and the first stop there is the touching tanks that have the sting rays, guitar fish and some small sharks. We could spend a good hour or more here if I let them (I'm not sure why don't, actually I do, the butterflies are next and that's one of my favorite places). On a couple of occasions I have gotten to feed the sting rays which was pretty cool. Anyway, here is a video of the girls "petting" the sting rays.
The pictures below are in order of how we normally spend our time there. As you will be able to tell I LOVE the butterfly cove! I'll warn you now that some of the captions are a big lengthy so you might want to be ready to click the pause button if you're a big caption reader. It also might be worth clicking on the "Aquarium" link there in the bottom left corner so you can go to the web album and view the slide show a bit bigger.
Here is another video clip of some of our favorite animals in motion:
No comments:
Post a Comment